The Production Supervisor will direct, supervise, and coordinate production through execution of the planning schedule, provide direction to subordinates guided by established company policies and engineering standards, and interpret and execute policies. The Supervisor will also manage/enforce attendance policies, housekeeping and disciplinary of the employees assigned. The Supervisor will work closely with the Planning/Scheduling, Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance Teams to execute production schedules and implement continuous improvements. The Supervisor will also participate in Safety committees and enforce safe practices and environmental policies. In addition, the supervisor will develop a training matrix for assigned employees and execute training plans as well as performance appraisals/reviews.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage utilization of manpower, skills, hours, material, and work flow to assure timely production and quality standards are achieved.
- Organize and assign work; instruct, guide and assist employees in the performance of their work.
- Provide information as requested to engineering, manufacturing services, sales, marketing, etc.
- Participate in company programs, such as communications, job training, vacation schedules, and job evaluation.
- Manage and enforce the use of safety devices and equipment, supervise departmental housekeeping and maintain constant alert for hazardous conditions
- Maintain an adequately train skilled work force consistent with planning requirements and work levels.
- Maintain conformance with company work rules and regulations, issue warnings for violations, and administer approved disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Manage production related tooling and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- Five (5) years of experience in a machining environment is required, preferably CNC Mill / Lathe hands on experience with CAM Programming knowledge
- Three (3) years of prior supervisory experience is required
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and Self Starter
- Ability to work through Issues while still achieving schedules/on time performance
- Hands-on individual with excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of CNC Programming and Mill/Turn equipment
- Fair and Consistent with Subordinates
- ERP (AX) knowledge and (Kronos) Timekeeping Systems
- LEAN + Six Sigma concepts would be a plus
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Project, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Production environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to effectively execute this role. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top