The Production Planner is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company's productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Opens work orders to meet customer required delivery dates and prints all supporting documents. Sorts and places all documents in folders and delivers to Components Department. Completes all purchasing requirements for Jobs.
- Reviews open shop orders to insure that they are progressing through manufacturing process and that scheduled ship dates will be met.
- Completes inventory transactions as required in a timely and professional manner.
- Reviews and maintains detail capacity in work centers to insure that capacity is available to meet schedules.
- Provides current job status and ship dates to customer service/sales as required. Maintains current ship date status on system. Works to assure jobs ship on time, including coordination of shipments and credit.
- Reviews and corrects on-line labor reports. Reconciles payroll data to correct labor reports.
- Handles all necessary paperwork for sub-contracted operations.
- Maintains card system for booking of required units to fill production schedule.
- Provides detailed information to all interested parties concerning job status, lates, etc.
- Supports XPS through active participation. Responsible for identifying problems and finding solutions for same; works to implement changes.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates degree in Engineering or Business Administration OR 2-3 years of directly related manufacturing experience.
- 6 months of inventory control experience, required.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, Kanban, 5S and Single Piece Flow
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate work consistent with departmental budgets and control documents.
- Ability to understand and follow corporate quality assurance work instructions.
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems efficiently.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to quickly learn any other software related to Inventory Management.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office Based: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top