Product Distribution Specialist
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes the pick, pack, verification, and shipment of all outgoing customer orders in a timely and accurate fashion within the companies ERP software.
- Receives, moves, cycle counts, adjusts, and ensures the accuracy of all inventories.
- Adheres to all pertinent procedures and policies.
- Accurately completes, and ensures the inclusion of any necessary order documentation, both domestic and international.
- Continually evaluate all processes and recommend improvements to manager.
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs other duties as assigned, verbal and written.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or at least one year work experience in the area of Warehouse Practices utilizing computer directed pick and put-away, bar-coding and modern order fulfillment techniques is preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Specialist will be required to work overtime occasionally, and must be flexible and open-minded to working in a rapidly changing environment.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with ISO 9001 procedures.
- Basic math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Intermediate data entry skills.
- Ability to work under both time and accuracy pressures.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision while performing responsibilities of the position. Highest level of "Self Accountability".
- Must be very detail oriented and possess good interpersonal/communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, Short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Proficient in use and navigation of a Windows operating system in a networked environment.
Proficient in use and navigation of web-based shipping interfaces.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Ability to carry out daily work tasks via software within an enterprise ERP software system.
Customer Service Oriented
Professional Work Relations/Teamwork
Knowledge of Job/Comprehension/Job Skills
Attention to Detail
Attendance & Punctua
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and talk or
hear, frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or
crouch. Must be able to work in a standing position approximately 100% of shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move
up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to distinguish differences in color,and physical
differences among very similar products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top