Product Development Engineering Intern-Electrical
The Electrical Engineering Intern will assist with product design support for worldwide Industrial Coating Systems markets.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops components or sub-systems for new and existing products while working as part of a project team to complete the project on time and on budget.
- Development to include: design concepts, PCB layouts and prototypes along with software design, coding, and test, purchasing prototype components and total product cost estimates.
- Performs design calculations or analysis required for the design of the component or sub-system. The calculations or analysis might include power, component de-rating calculations and frequency response for components or systems.
- Performs design calculations or analysis required for the design of the software. Calculations or analysis might include PID tuning, differential flow, and PWM current control for components or systems.
- Work in a lab environment to build and test design concepts and engineering prototypes for verification. This includes compiling and presenting test data to support the design
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Education: Pursuing a degree in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Experience:No experience required
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to apply sound engineering principles and practices in the design, development and verification of possible solutions and designs.
- Ability to read electrical circuit schematics and learn new software pacakages quickly.
- Detail oriented and able to provide quick and accurate reports to Product Development Engineers.
- Embedded software design knowledge, experience with electrical system control concepts.
- C and C++ programming experience is preferred.
- Electronic circuit assembly and soldering is a plus.
- Electrical circuit schematic capture experience is preferred
- Ability to take verbal direction and work task through completion.
- Ability to manage small projects.
- Good written, oral communication, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top