Product Development Engineering Intern (CLU)
This position will be intern position for the Container, Liquid, UV Development team focusing on Mechanical Design.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops components or sub-systems for new and existing products while working as part of a project team to complete the project on time and on budget.
- Development to include: concepts, and prototypes along with project schedules, functional specifications, verification plans and product cost estimates.
- Supports design projects.
- Performs design calculations or analysis required for the design of the component or sub-system. The calculations or analysis might include power, kinematics, flow rate type of calculations but not limited to that.
- Work in a lab environment to build and test design concepts and engineering prototypes for verification. This includes compiling and presenting test data to support the design verification.
- Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Pursuing a Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology degree required.
- Lab or coursework in SolidWorks or AutoCAD preferred.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply sound engineering principles and practices in the design, development and verification of possible solutions and designs
- Mechanical design knowledge. Some experience with pneumatic components is preferred.
- Electrical awareness a plus
- Good communication skills
- Strong Computer skills with Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly motivated self starter who can work with minimal supervision once assignment is discussed.
- Team player
- Good organizational skills are required to support projects
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office/Lab environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal (Only in unique circumstances)
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top