Product Compliance Specialist
The Product Compliance Specialist will provide guidance and act as the internal technical expert for the Nordson Corporation regarding global restricted substance regulations. The Compliance Specialist will provide recommendations on optimal processes to ensure compliance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure business compliance with Nordson Restricted Substance standards.
- Develop and implement communication strategies including training programs to share product compliance information with engineering, supply chain management and other Corporate support groups, as well as customers, and suppliers.
- Possess a clear understanding of existing and developing global restricted substances regulations including European Union RoHS, European Union REACH, European Union WEEE, China RoHS, and US Conflict Minerals regulations and chemical management systems such as US TSCA.
- Serve as subject matter expert on regulatory matters to ensure key and regulatory requirements are understood by product teams including product development and implementation teams.
- Coordinate the Business implementation of the corporate restricted substances initiative which includes ensuring compliance with global restricted substance regulations.
- Develop sustainable processes for managing compliance activities with supporting documentation including a plan for supplier and business interfaces.
- Create, compile, and distribute compliance reports, quality measures and business metrics.
- Coordinate strategies for the Nordson Product Compliance Council.
- Assure appropriateness of Nordson branded safety data sheets and labels.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; degree in chemical, physical or biological science, or other related field preferred.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in product compliance, Nordson engineering, or other related experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with compliance standards (REACH, RoHS, Conflict Minerals, TSCA, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess proven presentation skills including the ability to effectively conduct training programs.
- Proficient using ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify, develop and implement best practices based on lean principles.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence behaviors.
- Proven ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 10-20% Domestic & International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top