Procurement Sourcing Specialist
Nordson is opening a new facility in Austintown, Ohio and we are looking to add to our Procurement team. A strong negotiator who has had experience in the metals market would be an ideal candidate for the role below.
The Procurement Sourcing Specialist is accountable for the management and development of a world-class supply base for both direct and indirect materials. Specific focus will be placed on ensuring effective and comprehensive regional and global commodity strategies that will compliment and support our factories' product support procurement to allow successful achievement of our local and strategic objectives. The objectives are as follows: the uninterrupted supply of production materials and services as specified by engineering, scheduled by manufacturing and within the cost requirements of the business group, while establishing effective risk mitigation plans to avoid production down times.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead specific strategic and tactical sourcing efforts including integration of any synergies with other global facilities. Procurement sourcing should focus on the key objectives of: geographic alignment, performance improvement, cost reduction and supply base consolidation.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for capital, indirect services, and MRO agreements to support corporate and manufacturing needs, on a business level basis.
- Manage specific national / global suppliers for improved performance and reduced cost.
- Provide leadership, focus and strategic direction for projects and programs as assigned, such as LCCS, Supplier Risk Management, ROP Scheduling Agreement expansion, new acquisition integration, SCM organization training, market price forecasting, e-sourcing and others as assigned.
- Responsible for specific regional and global projects and programs as assigned.
- Create, implement and manage specific Best Practices, along with training of these practices and others, to the entire SCM organization.
- Provide leadership, focus and strategic direction for major commodities and suppliers to the entire SCM organization and all related product support groups including quality.
- Manage the transition from current supplier to new supplier.
- Combining the efforts of supplier development and performance, lead the reduction and consolidation of the supply base to key suppliers that provide quality material, on time for the most effective cost.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, logistics, or related field strongly preferred.
- CPSM/CIRM or Materials Certification preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in a procurement role, for various engineered commodities.
- Experience with metals or steel sourcing is required.
- Negotiation experience is required.
- Manufacturing operations experience desirable.
- Experience preparing and making presentations to Senior Management.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand, create, negotiate and manage administration of contacts.
- Strong understanding of major commodities, supply markets, and manufacturing processes required.
- Ability to understand commodity market trends and futures.
- Ability to perform financial modeling and analysis, value and cost analysis, etc.
- Ability to measure and report supplier metrics.
- Able to effectively and promptly work with operations on supplier quality concerns.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Capable of seeing the big picture while managing the details.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Experience with ERP systems; AX or SAP preferred.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 25% Domestic and International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top