Process Technician II
Set up molds, start up/trouble shoot molding process. Fully capable to work on any molds and all auxiliary equipment. Work with trainee, as required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set molds in presses and run production using pre-existing processes using the established process disc or print out if no disc exists
- Train process technician trainee as needed
- Troubleshoot molding processes and make basic adjustments to ensure quality and efficiency
- Troubleshoot molding machine/tooling malfunctions and communicate information with repair
- Provide and implement ideas to improve the efficiency of the molding department
- Solve quality problems and work with quality department to identify root causes
- Spray mold with "Mold Saver" before removing a clean mold that has finished running
- Communicate problems, needs and important information to supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience working with molds (mold setting and injection mold processing) in a manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting
- Experience with forklift and pallet jack operation, preferred
- Knowledge of plastic materials and their processing characteristics
- Experience with computer controlled machines
- Experience with Engle machines and robots, preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read and understand work instructions
- Mechanical aptitude
- Use of hand tools and precision measuring/testing instruments
- Ability to climb up and down ladders frequently
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent stooping and bending. Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Physical ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top