Process Technician II (2nd shift)
- Perform material handling and room support functions.
- Install and remove molds including the installation of water liens, mold heaters and additional support equipment.
- Prepare all paperwork associated with the production jobs as well as use any computerized tracking systems.
- Purge press and set up established parameters. Cycle in and complete first piece to place press into production.
- Make adjustments to maintain quality products.
- Start up or shut down all equipment as required for beginning or ending a shift.
- Perform inspection of products for defects using specified inspection methods.
- Clean molds and change over internal mold components for production when needed.
- Take an active role in any needed training of other production personnel.
- Troubleshoot problems with auxiliary equipment and repair as needed to maintain production.
- Ability to develop and improve process and run samples as required.
- Basic understanding of blueprint reading.
- Thorough knowledge of all injection molding processes and machine controls and functions.
- Able to logically discuss problems and arrive at a solution.
- Have a working knowledge of all equipment needed in quality measurement and inspection techniques as well as SPC.
- Perform other support duties and assist in implementing lean initiatives as required.
- Must be available for overtime and/or temporary shift changes if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top