- Has knowledge of Cincinnati Milacron Roboshot electric Injection Molding Machines (IMM) in a high volume/high material mix environment to manufacture medical/industrial components.
- At IMM start-up, establishes highly repeatable decoupled molding processes utilizing all machine control functionality, and ensures consistent processing parameters are maintained to allow unattended manufacturing of quality parts.
- Retrieves serviceable mold from vault and installs mold in designated IMM as required. Removes mold from designated IMM as
required by the production schedule. This is a secondary function to be performed when time permits.
- Changes out raw material as required by schedule. Typically, this may entail swapping the feed tube from one Gaylord to another
acceptable Gaylord, or changing material storage hoppers at the press.
- Maximizes clamp and ejector functions and safely determines settings utilizing the AI clamp and ejector functionality where available.
- Creates optimized process parameters utilizing relative viscosity curves, gate freeze studies and other tools to establish new processes (e.g. new parts), or for existing parts to enhance quality.
- Responsible for operation and/or programming of ancillary equipment to support production processes, which includes, but is not limited to Sprue Picking robots which have multiple degrees of freedom, and with training will be able to program and/or troubleshoot degating robots.
- Works with engineering and quality assurance personnel to establish appropriate material processing parameters, achieving the highest quality parts possible.
- Performs the initial and ongoing dimensional & visual quality assurance inspections to ensure product quality, and logs appropriate information into Value Plastics, Inc. ERP system (i.e. IFS).
- Identifies and solves molding problems as they occur, with little or no supervision, utilizing a scientific data driven approach conceptualizing from a plastics point of view (i.e. polymer flow, polymer viscosity and rheology).
- Creates Fault Reports (FR) in IFS to identify mold/machine deficiencies.
- Responsible for being a productive process team member including identifying Continuous Improvement ideas that benefit not only manufacturing, but all secondary operations as well.
- Responsible for training new Process Technicians as requested.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness of machines and surrounding Cell work areas.
- Interfaces with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance personnel on both specific and broad production issues. Must effectively communicate with all of these persons, teams or departments.
- Value Plastics, Inc. operates a Monday thru Friday shift, as well as a 4-10 hour shift for Friday thru Monday. The Process Technician must be willing to work either of the shifts to support production requirements.
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor (i.e. written and/or verbal).
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top