Process Engineer, Additive Manufacturing
Check out Nordson on The Muse! www.themuse.com
Oversee and manage the Laser Cladding cell developing step-change improvements in additive technology by applying state-of-the art additive technologies to carry out new additive and cladding development projects. This position will train in Pulaski, Virginia for 2-4 months.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the startup and operator training on the new cladding cell.
- Manage production schedule and insure on time deliveries.
- Interface with customers as needed regarding orders, quality issues, special projects.
- Work with purchasing and manage all MRO items including alloy powders.
- Take lead in working with outside resources to improve quality and output of cell (SDSM&T, vendors, etc).
- Take initiative for personal continuing education in laser clad additive manufacturing.
- Develop quality system in Cladding Cell in conjunction with Nordson Quality group.
- Develop detailed process definition for multitude of parts with detailed documentation.
- Attend necessary training to become a laser safety officer.
- In conjunction with other members of the cell or team, establishes standards for all operations. Responsible for performing all work to standard on all operations and assigned work centers. Responsible for the continuous improvement of all standards.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement processes with other operators, programmers and engineers. Open communication to improve processes, tooling, productivity, quality, and machine programs.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all machines in accordance with PM schedule. Performs TPM to improve equipment effectiveness.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Materials Science or similar.
- Experience in advanced laser processing systems used for laser based cutting and welding processes. Candidate should demonstrate knowledge in materials technology, joining and surface technology as well as strong experience in manufacturing (preferably at a laser cladding company) or in development with focus on laser cladding technology.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude with some CNC machine code experience.
- Knowledge of Inventory Management, Safety, Environmental, Regulatory, and Equipment Maintenance.
- Excellent analytical skill.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Must be familiar with non-compliance trending statistical analysis methodology and tools.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- A self-starter with excellent project management skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing/Office Environment-To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top