PLC Software Technician
Design and support of Nordson Adhesive equipment utilizing commercially available programmable logic controllers (PLC's) and HMIs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design HMI screens and PLC code
- Support of existing PLC software through troubleshooting and implementation of corrective action
- Communicate with customers and implement their specific needs
- Support of Nordson Manufacturing through initial PLC software loading
- Support of customer equipment startups requiring travel, a mix of domestic and international, and flexible work hours
- Works efficiently and independently on software design projects
- Team coordination will be required on large projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate's degree in Electrical Technology is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Allen Bradley PanelView Plus HMIs & ControlLogix PLCs
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives
- Experience with ControlNet and EtherNet as applied in Industrial Networks
- Experience with AutoCad Electrical is a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View Studio application design and configuration
- Rockwell ControlLogix programming and debugging
- Siemens PLC experience a plus
- Ability to read schematic diagrams
- Understanding of IEC software standards
Estimated 30% (Domestic Travel 10% & International Travel 20%)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office/Industrial Manufacturing Environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to effectively execute this role. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top