Planner/Scheduler, Fabrication Shop
The Fab Shop Planner/Scheduler responsibilities include planning, scheduling, coordinating of products through the complete production cycle. This position will have the ability to play a key role in issue resolution and project execution activities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Quotes pricing and lead time on specially fabricated parts for the Carlsbad LOB's
- Coordinates production and specials plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules.
- Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labor loading and capacity requirements.
- Provides input to management, reschedules, and/or interfaces with marketing, sales, production and engineering managers to reschedule in case of design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in planning, coordinating and scheduling production operations required.
- Experience in the specific functions (Sheet metal, Welding, Machining, Plating, Painting) of the fab shop.
- Equivalent education and experience in planning, coordinating and scheduling production operations acceptable in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Project management and prior supervisory experience required.
- Experience using scheduling software such as Mietrak and/or SAP
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with high level participation in resolution of issues cross-functionally and across different levels and ability to execute a project to completion
- Knowledge of fabrication sites' operational details, key deliverables and metrics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP and SAP-BW
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate work consistent with department budgets and control documents.
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems efficiently; demonstrated analytical skills required.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Ability to use and understand Solid Models.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency to both internal/external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, time management and data entry skills.
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing techniques a plus.
- Excellent PC/Excel skills.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate, cubicle environment.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top