Successfully manage the activities of the NSE Operations group and be part of the NSE leadership team working on strategic direction, operating plan execution, and overall management of the business. The role will lead the planning, production, manufacturing engineering, distribution, quality, continuous improvement, safety and facilities management aspects of NSE in Plymouth, Michigan (relocating to Wixom, MI late summer 2017) with consultative help for Europe and China.
Key deliverables will include shipping systems and parts on time, within cost targets, and with world class quality. In addition to daily management responsibilties for the NSE operations group, the successful candidate will be responsible for 'lean transformation' within the organization, and help identify, plan and lead major initiatives. These may include continuous improvement projects focused on improving quality, shortening lead and cycle times, reducing cost and inventory, and drivng productivity gains in the manufacturing environment. Finally, the successful candidate will ensure that all facilities are in good operating order and provide a safe environment for the Plymouth campus employees. This will include being responsible for leading the safety and security committee.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver quality, cost, and delivery targets for NSE.
- Annual planning, budgeting, and execution of the strategic and operating plans.
- Responsible for meeting segment inventory targets.
- Develop planning and measurement system which focuses on factory optimization and capacity utilization.
- Contribute to the development of sales forecasts and their resulting load on the factory.
- Develop and implement systems to ensure efficient project management of capital improvements and facility projects.
- Other responsibilities include the staging and delivery of engineered systems.
- Analyze and recommend capital investments.
- Utilize Lean management methodology and tools to implement transaction and manufacturing process improvements.
- Manage Safety and Security Team for the NSE Campus.
- Manage the Facilities function for the NSE Campus.
- Develop and manage personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to lead an Operations team.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business or related field is required. MBA would be a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in practicing and implementing Lean methodologies with measurable results.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing teams in a manufacturing environment delivering measurable results.
- Experience leading a Facilities Management team is a plus.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills to work across organization in matrix structure
- Problem solving abilities and use of analytical thinking
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks required to manage projects
- Ability to influence
- Change management skills
- Ability to manage projects accurately and confidently
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office and production facilities. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 10% - International and Domestic
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top