Plans, organizes, directs and controls the accounting of the U.S. based ICS manufacturing and engineering operations. Supports the financial analysis of manufacturing operations and engineering programs as they relate to R&D, new product introductions and product life cycle programs of existing products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure annual standard costing is current and accurate, while supporting daily costing issue resolution
- Oversee annual manufacturing budget planning to ensure consistent approach, methodology and reasonableness of assumptions
- Develops overhead rates for plant cost centers. Monitors shop floor control system to ensure accurate and timely reporting of material and labor to appropriate production/work orders.
- Model and track costs and savings of product transfers between plants and insourcing activities
- Provide input on make vs. buy analysis with respect to variable, fixed and total cost, quality and customer service aspects of internal manufacturing vs. external sourcing.
- Provide global reporting, planning and forecasting of Indirect Cost of Sales, including all manufacturing locations
- Provide global reporting, planning and financial analysis of Inventory & DSI, including all manufacturing locations
- Assures proper accounting, internal controls and account accuracy for all inventories within area of responsibility, working closely with the Cost Accounting department to determine required entries and/or accruals.
- Assists with monitoring of cycle counting activities and administration of required physical inventories. Assists with administration of periodic review of inventory for obsolescence, including identification of candidates, cross-functional review and disposition.
- Provide reporting of manufacturing key performance indicators, including metric board report-outs
- Support manufacturing management with financial analysis and meeting preparation
- Model capital investments used in our plants and labs for costs and savings. Track and report on results
- Support Engineering on R&D and new product introductions and product life cycle plans
- Support Engineering management with departmental expense reporting, planning and forecasting efforts
- Compares performance with operating plans and forecasts. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management. Monitors and reports significant variances from plan and forecast in both fixed and controllable expenses. Investigates reasons for variance and initiates corrective action with management team support. Determines and reports impact of forecasted and/or actual volume on expenses and variances during the year. This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Develops and recommends budgets and forecasts for short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, and staffing requirements for manufacturing and engineering operating teams.
- Provides other company units/functions with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Acts within scope of authority and consistent with Company objectives, guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Assumes other special activities, financial analysis support and responsibilities as required by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management required. MBA, CPA, CMA desirable.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
Affiliations with successful global manufacturing companies. Experience with Standard Costing practices
A minimum of five (5) years' experience ideally gained through increasingly analytical positions within finance.
Experience with SAP preferred
Microsoft Office experience preferred, including advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems and demonstrated ability to manage micro computer operations and applications.
Well-developed financial analysis capabilities
Sound administrative skills. Well-developed time management skills.
Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Strong numeric and spreadsheet skills.
- Participative work style - advocate team concept.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communication effectively at any level
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task
- Self starter
- Detail oriented
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top