The Operations Analyst is part of the Planning & Inventory team. The teams' main priority is to improve delivery of product to our customers, while managing our inventory levels globally. This role requires an intense focus and constant analysis to ensure we have the right inventory in the right place at the right time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all inventory analysis needed to establish and maintain appropriate inventory levels to achieve stated goals, and makes appropriate changes to align with DCI and OTD goals
- Tracks and presents key operational metrics
- Builds spreadsheets and creates presentations for management teams
- Advises short term capacity issues and recommends solutions
- Provides support to Supply Chain using analytical data to address supply shortages
- Assists with the development plan that will mitigate risks
- Generates On Time Delivery reports utilizing Business Warehouse (BW) and provide input to Production for improvements
- Works with cross-functional teams to establish best practices
- Performs special assignments as requested
- Communicates effectively with other Nordson locations
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or other related field
- 3-5 years of experience with planning & inventory, in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Lean principles and methods
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- SAP Experience
- Familiarity with ERP systems and data analysis
- Ability to interpret report data and present on findings
- Preferred knowledge of SAP, EIQ and Business warehouse
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Sound judgment and reasoning ability to escalate sensitive, urgent matters to appropriate personnel for resolution
- Strong organizational and follow through skills a must
- Passion for the customer and action-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail orientated
- Ability to work well within all organizational layers up to and including senior management
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office and Manufacturing Environment. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated: 25% (Mostly domestic but may included international travel from time to time)
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top