Mold Maintenance Technician- 1st shift
Work independently and follow the overall work schedule, as determined by the group leader, cleans molds and makes mold changeovers to meet schedule requirements
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow & update IQMS RT Scheduler mold requirements as determined by the planner
- Green-tag readied molds; move to staging area in molding department
- Disassemble & clean molds; inspect for problems.
- Install changeover parts, as required
- Take measurements to determine wear & proper sizes of pins, bushings, and hold dimensions
- Keep records up to date, including mold tagging system.
- Other duties as assigned
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in either manufacturing or auto mechanics
- General math skills
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Experience working with industrial machinery and/or automotive in a mechanical aspect
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of forklift and pallet jack operation
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school
- Experience with mechanical systems within a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with molds
- Ability to read and understand micrometers and calibers
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing/warehouse environment. Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, walking. Must be able to perform job on foot 95% of the working day. Must be able to lift, push, pull, etc. up to 100 pound weights daily and often throughout each day. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson offers employees medical, dental and vision coverage on day one and up to 15 paid days off in your first year of employment. A 401(k) with a 50% company match (up to 6% of salary), a company-funded pension plan, $5,000 in annual education reimbursement, and a generous matching gifts program are other highlights you'll find in Nordson's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top