Mill / Turn Operator
Set up and operate CNC 5 axis Mill / Turn Machines. Operate the Machines to perform a series of operations such as turning, boring, threading, facing, grinding, drilling and tapering on round bars. Machining functions will include integrated gaging, redundant tooling with RFID chip reader and optical prestter. Works directly with offline programmers that utilize CAM software, simulation software and 3D Models generated in Solidworks to support machining and process development.
Work from complex blueprints, engineering drawings, and specifications, job orders, tooling instructions and standard charts to obtain such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions. Make required adjustments to machinery to compensate for material tooling, machine or program conditions. Troubleshoot and resolve various types of operating difficulties, recommend corrective action on process failures within the department. Be able to provide feedback to the programming department on programs and correct cutting tools to use to achieve required dimensions and finish tolerances; be able to measure using micrometers and other associated tools; be able to hold tight tolerances within .001"; be able to maintain proper and accurate records, including inspection reports.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and operate CNC Mill / Turn equipment
- Operate hand tools as needed in a safe and efficient manner
- May need to operate overhead crane, forklift, and/or handtrucks as necessary
- Choose correct tools to achieve desired product finish, based on material and other specifications
- Read and understand drawings, and be able to hold tolerances to .001"
- Be able to properly utilize measuring tools such as a tape measure, micrometer, vernier or caliper
Education and Experience Requirements
- 8 - 10 years experience running vertical and horizontal CNC mills / CNC lathes / CNC Mill/Turn Machines or 5 Axis machining (Mill / Turn Experience preferred)
- Experienced in cutting a variety of metals and welds preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and edit CNC programs required
- Ability and experience in using G and M Code required
- Experienced in 4 Jaw chuck setup preferred
- Experience using integrated gaging routines and redundant tooling preferred
- Ability to calculate using fractions and decimals as well as identify radii required
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints, schematics, etc. required
- Ability to properly use micrometers, verniers and calipers and tape measures to determine tolerances required
- Familiarity with cutting tools; their applications and uses; and other tools associated with Metal cutting equipment
- Familiarity with required hand tools; their applications and uses; and safe handling requirements
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top