Member of Technical Staff, Mechanical
Responsible for designing, defining, implementing system requirements, analyzing and/or testing Nordson products. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. This role primarily supports engineering specials for key accounts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Performs engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigation, surveys, structures or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a BS in Engineering, Mechanical or Mechatronics preferred, plus 2-5 years' experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Strong problem solving and analytical decision making processes
- Excellent mechanical design skills with a system level understanding
- Experience with automation, preferred
- Familiarity with programming of PLC's and interfacing with electromechanical components is beneficial
- Strong teamwork within department as well as external groups, e.g. new product development, drafting, purchasing
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top