Mechanical Technician (Temporary)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembly and test of prototype designs within the Bond Tester product range.
- Modification of prototype parts to ensure fit for purpose and optimum design performance.
- Keep records of design modifications and test results.
- Build and use test rigs to prove new design concepts.
- Assist with the handover of new products from R & D into production.
- Direct contact and liaison with suppliers when sourcing components and progressing to their timely delivery.
- Work closely with the Mechanical Designers to ensure design intent is understood and optimised.
- Work to agreed timescales.
- Travel as required in support of Dage products and projects.
- Working with bills of materials and assembly drawings.
- Maintenance and calibration of existing R & D equipment.
- Work in accordance with the company health and safety requirements.
- Help to keep the work environment clean and safe.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- ONC, Apprenticeship or equivalent in appropriate mechanical/electro mechanical discipline.
- Further mechanical/electro mechanical experience.
- Experienced use of general workshop machinery i.e. lathes and milling machines.
- 5+ years experience in a similar R & D role.
- An understanding of pneumatic principles.
- An understanding of electrical principles.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top