Mechanical Engineer-Product Development
The Product Development Engineer is responsible for supporting new and existing products for the Industrial Coating Systems organization for worldwide markets.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage multiple projects required to support new and existing products. This includes Engineering Changes Request for current product offering, addressing customer Corrective Action Requests and leading Reduction of Cost projects. Must be able to work with marketing, purchasing, sales and manufacturing to drive projects to completion.
- Develop timelines and cost estimates for development tasks and appraise management of performance against plan
- Perform design calculations or analysis required for design of components or sub-systems. The calculations or analysis might include stress analysis, force/load/deflection on mechanical parts and air flow/pressure calculations for pneumatic components or systems.
- Make design recommendations for materials, manufacturing methods and component selections in alignment with Customer Requirements.
- Build and test design concepts and engineering prototypes for verification. This includes compiling and presenting data to support design verification of new products in accordance with company nVision (DMAIC stage gate) requirements
- Identify, develop and implement pre-production assembly methods and equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic environment. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, required.
- Minimum of 1 year engineering experience; Product design experience preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Skilled in 3D modeling software is required, Solid Works is preferred.
- Ability to apply sound engineering principles and practices in the design, development and verification of possible solutions.
- Ability to develop design concepts and turn into finished products.
- Mechanical design knowledge ranging from part design through machinery design. Some knowledge of electrical controls design and experience with pneumatic components are preferred.
- Strong understanding of new product development technologies, project management experience and various customer applications
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean methodologies and how to apply them.
- Knowledge of Quality procedures and standards such as DFMEA, PFMEA, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge of DFM & DFA with respect to ease of manufacture and assembly.
- Oversee testing and analysis of products to determine product performance.
- Knowledge of various fabrication methods for the manufacturing of metal and plastic parts – machining, welding, sheet metal fabrication, and injection molding is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills required to manage small and large projects.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 10%, Domestic and International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top