Mechanical Engineering Manager-New Products
The Mechanical Engineering Manager directs the activities of the engineering function(s) related to mechanical engineering design of new products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for technical/engineering output of the mechanical engineering team for all new product designs.
- Responsible for alignment between project specifications and product design
- Engages directly in design activities for projects, including initial concepts, mechanical design reviews, overall system reviews
- Acts as an engineering liaison with manufacturing to ensure that processes and designs are compatible.
- Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and design requirements
- Provides guidance to the drafting and modeling standards used to ensure alignment to industry standards
- May lead technical projects, coordinating the cross-functional output of the engineering team, including electrical, software, and mechanical engineering efforts.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Frequently interacts with subordinates and functional peer group managers.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, 5 years of management experience and 7-10 years Mechanical Design experience.
- Experience with "Lean Product Development", "Rapid Learning Cycles", "Design for Six Sigma", or other lean product development systems.
- Experience as a technical project leader leading multi-discipline development (mechanical, electrical, and software)
- Experience with multi-axis, coordinated, robotic motion including motors/servo/tuning
- Experience with "solids-based" design control environment using Solidworks
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility
- Proven leadership and ability to drive high performance teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven track record of process implementation and improvement
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate, cubicle environment.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top