Material Handler - Split Shift
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Use of miscellaneous hand and measuring tools, gauges, test equipment, power lift equipment and possible tow motor operation
- Parts preparation, labeling, movement and tracking
- Inspection and quality tracking and reporting
- Follow all safety and housekeeping procedures
- Conformance to production and administrative procedures
- Enhancement of existing processes
- Must be able to communicate with leaders and work well with others in a team environment.
- Beyond the tasks directly involved with building Nordson products, responsibilities include:
- Interfacing with customers (both internal and external)
- Training co-workers
- Inventory accuracy
- Timely and accurate processing of paperwork
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Relevant experience associated with the task to be performed preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Technical Ability – effectively apply written/verbal instructions from procedures, documents and blueprints, etc
- Ability to Learn – assimilating and apply new, job related information in a timely manner
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities
- Physical Dexterity – effectively assemble electrical/mechanical devices
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to drive a tow motor
Work Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top