The Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting with a wide range of marketing communications projects. This includes editing product data sheets, brochures, web copy, and other collateral; help in implementing edits in HTML or InDesign; media buy recommendations; lead analysis, and MarComm budget support. Actively participates in the planning and implementation process of integrating marketing tactics to support the organization's growth goals and corporate strategies. Works in collaborative team environment to promote the organization's brand and provide marketing assistance to the marketing communication manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edit and develop content for product collateral and ads
- Implement text updates and edits in graphic design files and HTML
- Research, recommend, and negotiate advertising media buys; track results
- Update and analyze department metric reports; make recommendations for future decision making based on results.
- Help track expenses against MarComm budget; prepare purchase requisitions; process vendor invoices
- Various data entry and administrative duties as required
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related major
- 1 to 3 years related experience in marketing, communications or related area
- Some HTML or graphic design software experience preferred
- Project Management experience highly valued
- Experience in working with paid media (online or print) is a plus
- Knowledge of statistical analysis would be helpful
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- High level of organizational and presentation skills; detail oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Advanced skills and proficient in the use and navigation of Windows operating system in a network environment. Ability to use advanced functions in most standard office applications. Outlook tasks, meeting scheduling, distribution lists etc. Ability to efficiently and rapidly use advanced Word, PowerPoint and Excel functions to meet the productivity requirements of the position.
- Sound understanding of marketing principles and concepts
- Self motivated, energetic and creative; able to work collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; a quick learner with a willingness and ability to multitask and switch context when necessary
- Works independently with little oversight
- Demonstrates attention to detail
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top