Market Development Manager
The Market Development Manager is responsible for developing attractive growth opportunities in new or existing markets through the identification and assessment of current or emerging application needs, where a Nordson EFD solution can be positioned. This work will generate incremental revenue by successfully validating EFD's fit in targeted applications and the translation of these successes across the industry to maximize penetration of the total available market for the solution.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for delivering revenue growth generated from direct penetration of targeted markets and applications
- Assesses all potential market opportunities within targeted sectors and prioritizing opportunities based on total size of opportunity, attractiveness, fit and time to revenue
- Identifies the key target opportunities and develops strategies to expand said targets
- Executes the validation of the business case and develops the translation package across targets
- Leads cross-functional teams on execution of defined strategy (technology, product management, commercial, etc.) within the targeted markets
- Builds a strong external community network consisting of key influencers within the industry / area of focus to include regulatory, industry associations and senior decision makers at targeted accounts
- Responsible for the development of value proposition and supports the development of selling tools for Commercial team (application translations, leads, samples, etc.).
- Works closely with Product Line Managers to support the development of the multi-generational product plans
- Works closely with Regional Sales Teams to generate revenue within the target markets
- Negotiates non-disclosure and joint development agreements with key strategic accounts
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in a related field, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering focus highly valued
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years of related automotive market experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing industry value assessments and executing on strategic business development/growth opportunities.
- Prior direct sales experience is required
- Prior business development experience is a plus
- Experience with platform level automotive sourcing strategies
- Expertise with automotive technical sourcing strategies
- Previous experience with global automotive application & development centers
- Extensive return on investment (ROI) commercial experience
- Knowledge of Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) data points
- Understanding of Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) process
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic growth plans
- Critical and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated negotiation, relationship management, facilitation, and decision making skills
- Ability to lead, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams
- Must possess a high level of energy and passion for growth
- Must have a global mind-set and have the ability to travel (domestic & international)
- Must have proven track record of commercial success
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated: up to 50% both domestic & international
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top