The Manufacturing Engineer works with manufacturing and engineering to improve existing manufacturing practices and to improve equipment utilization and process designs to support current and future product and capacity development.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to the production floor for process improvement including setup reduction, tool life improvement, processing routing changes and documentation, and other engineering needs for the floor.
- Strengthen the manufacturing engineering documentation systems and develop improved routings, standard work process documentation, tolerance capabilities and best practices.
- Work with operations leadership and the teams to develop capacity expansion plans and capital equipment forecasting based on Sales trends and new product/market development.
- Manage and decrease the cutting tool spend by working together with manufacturing staff and purchasing.
- Work with the manufacturing team along with design engineering to fully implement process and cost improvements related to product design changes.
- Develop and maintain metrics of tooling, productivity, scrap and rework costs for each functional manufacturing area and implement plans to improve them to increase capacity
- Identify equipment related constraints and the capital, facilities and outside resources required to maintain and grow the business per forecasts and market development.
- Provide technical and project management oversight to the specification, quotation and procurement of all manufacturing equipment at the facility.
- Participate and provide guidance to Continious Improvements projects assigned to manufacturing.
- Provide direction to the Leadership Team on improving product and process quality.
- Research and develop alternative technologies and provide manufacturing input to new products.
- Communicate capacity metrics, trends, opportunities and obstacles to Senior Management
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering or another related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering in a technical manufacturing or custom engineered manufacturing environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong metal cutting background with tooling and tool design
- Working knowledge of CNC Equipment
- Successful Completion of Continuous Improvement Projects, Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is desirable
- Experience in the manufacture of Injection/Extrusion Barrel and/or Screws
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top