Manual Machine Operator - Night Shift
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Able to effectively use precision measuring tools and ensure product is within specification.
- Start machine and monitor displays and machine operation
- Able to detect machine malfunctions
- Manually adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining
- Operate machine manually to perform non-automated functions
- Discuss control media errors with supervisor to resolve problems
- Clean machine, tooling, and parts
- Assist in performing machine maintenance
- Can recognize when a blueprint may be incorrect
- Must be able to run multiple machines
- Assist in the assembly of die carts and stations
- Assisting in feed block assembly, crating, and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED (Machine Tooling associate degree preferred)
- 1-3 years of machining experience (preferred)
- Experience with a Drill Press, Lathe, Band Saw, and Bridgeport
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to analyze work flow and bring forward or make changes to work flow
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top