Manager, Talent Acquisition - US and Canada
The Manager, Talent Acquisition is responsible for the planning, organizing, and managing the Talent Acquisition function in the US & Canada. This position also champions the talent acquisition process to ensure a constant flow of high quality candidates to support business goals and ensure that the team is hiring the best possible talent.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partnering with business leaders and Human Resources leadership to develop and deploy recruiting and sourcing strategies that cultivate a high performance environment and ensures that Nordson has a talent network made up of best in industry.
- Creates recruitment strategies such as job posting optimization, recruiting channel development, job board procurement, diversity initiatives and company branding to facilitate the talent acquisition process.
- Develop and execute practices for end to end candidate experience inclusive of sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection and onboarding.
- Manages contractual relationships with placement agencies, contract recruiters; retained and contingent, job boards, job fairs, campus recruiting efforts, and various internet job search websites for posting requisitions and surfacing candidates.
- Researches, manages and optimizes subscriptions to various online sourcing tools.
- Prepares regular reports concerning hiring trends, turnover rates, candidate feedback, etc. to and provides recommendations to Human Resources staff and/or senior management, as appropriate.
- Establishes specific key performance indicators and metrics/reporting specific to recruiting including reporting that reflects accurate open positions and talent metrics.
- Sources candidates for hard-to-fill positions and works with management to clarify recruitment needs and promote effective interviewing processes.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and feedback to Talent Acquisition Specialists to help ensure they are implementing talent strategies effectively.
- Participate in and/or lead special projects as directed by the HR leadership.
- Effectively build talent communities through Social Media, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc.
- Manage the employee referral program.
- Participates in succession planning for the organization and integrates internal and external recruitment activity that aligns with the succession plans and talent/competency gaps.
- Lead the recruitment technology platform strategy and ensure full optimization, utilization, enhancements, and continuous improvement of the Applicant Tracking System and other recruitment tools.
- Provide HR Team and Management staff training and support with recruitment processes, Applicant Tracking System, behavioral interviewing techniques, job descriptions and assessing the candidate.
- Establish relationships with key functional leaders and drive accountability for respective department/functional roles in recruiting and selection.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues and trends, related analytics, labor laws, and legislative initiatives.
- Partner with corporate communications to design and implement recruitment message to achieve objectives and enhance/build a strong local/regional/national employer brand through social media and other mediums
- Ownership of full life cycle recruiting for University Relations/Internship program.
- Administer Affirmative Action Plan, EEO-1 and Vets 100A reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience of recruitment and staffing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a talent acquisition function.
- Experience recruiting in a high-volume, fast-paced environment a plus.
- Experience recruiting for engineering positions and/or technical sales positions preferred.
- Knowledge of OFCCP Compliance as it relates to the hiring process.
Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter who is proactive and demonstrates an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong sourcing skills with demonstrated successes utilizing current on-line sourcing techniques, networking and building pipelines.
- Comprehensive behavioral based interviewing and candidate assessment skills.
- Strong consultative and relationship building skills to support agency managers and convert candidates.
- Utilization of market intelligence to source talent.
- Strong communication skills, including consultation, collaboration and influence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must have proficiency using Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Utilize and continue to improve the applicant tracking and recruiting module in Human Capital Management System (Workday).
- Outstanding attention to detail.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top