Manager, Supplier Quality
The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for leading their team to drive exceptional supplier performance thus creating a world-class supply base that exceeds expectations for the business group and the global Supply Chain team. Specific focus will be supplier analysis, development activities, part qualifications, inspection, corrective actions, and new product introductions to ensure component parts and assemblies are consistently manufactured in total compliance to specified requirements. Simultaneously and in conjunction with the Supply Chain Group this position will support the balanced improvement of quality, cost and service, all while operating within Nordson's Lean manufacturing principles.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the supplier's ability to support Nordson's Lean Six Sigma manufacturing principles and problem avoidance processes through the use of best in class quality processes.
- Drive a systematic problem solving, process improvement, and value enhancement approach utilizing Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC) principles in collaboration with suppliers & Nordson.
- Assure supplier's corrective and preventive action plans are developed and executed in compliance with Nordson 8D expectations. Report on the status of corrective actions, as required, to manufacturing, business group and management.
- Lead team to drive supplier QMS on-site assessments and assistance visits for supplier selection, to improve supplier performance, and achieve Nordson's balanced improvement objectives.
- Develop and implement (APQP) Advanced Product Quality Planning (i.e. PPAP, PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plan) for new and existing purchase parts.
- Support and coordinate the new product activities and direction to optimize the transition from new product development to production.
- Function as a technical liaison between suppliers, engineering, SCM group, business group, and manufacturing sites, to resolve supplier related issues.
- Track the supplier's performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base's ability to consistently meet our defined specifications.
- Provide leadership to receiving inspection including procurement of tools to enhance measurement capability.
- Mentor and develop direct staff by providing consistent, actionable feedback.
- Assist in launching corporate supplier quality processes for acquisitions and other AT-ES facilities at a global level.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical related field required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in quality engineering, related engineering field, or supply chain required.
- Experience directly or indirectly managing a team is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- High level of audit and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task.
- Coaching/Training experience required.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 20 - 35% Domestic and International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top