The Quality Manager has overall responsibility for creating, executing and maintaining a comprehensive world class quality system. Activities include organizing, planning, commissioning and maintaining Quality Management System policies and procedures, Product Validation Testing and leading the quality team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the internal and external audit system to ensure the effective continuous improvement of the ISO 9001:2000 quality systems globally for the PPS core components business.
- Investigate quality complaints and non-conformances, and work with other appropriate department managers and manufacturing engineers to ensure that corrective measures are applied to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
- Implement and sustain a Right the First Time program.
- Work proactively with the manufacturing team to drive productivity, reduce cycle time and improve quality.
- Develop and maintain the supplier quality program.
- Develops and deploys the use of statistical analysis tools within the operations unit to assure improved part integrity and reliability indices.
- Improve the precision and capability of quality tools and methods throughout the production flow, and consolidate and prioritize the quality system equipment and software capital budget.
- Facilitate the QC Team meetings, drive non-conformances (internal and external) resolutions and lead the QC Team in 8-D problem solving.
- Bring together cross-functional teams to plan, formulate and agree upon comprehensive quality procedures and test methods.
- Monitor quality system performance through gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Collect and analyze performance data and charts against defined parameters.
- Provide Leadership for the direct staff of Quality Technicians/Engineers in Austintown, OH.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of experience in Quality Systems in a technical manufacturing or custom engineered manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of how to do PPAP’s, Control Plans and the ability to calibrate measuring devices
- Experience with the administration of ISO 9001:2000 quality systems
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and experience with ERP software packages
- Certification ASQ CMQ/OE preferred
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others
- Ability to build well-functioning Quality team
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Back to top