Manager, Operational Excellence (Global Business Services)
The Manager, Operational Excellence position is part of the Global Business Services (GBS) Enablement Team whose mission is to identify and lead major improvement initiatives that support corporate growth and profitability objectives within the GBS. As a part of this team, the role will be responsible for identifying and implementing initiatives and best practices to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness for all end to end workstreams as well as the operation for each center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, quantify, and prioritize improvement initiatives to ensure GBS organization is meeting service level agreements with businesses/functions.
- Lead implementation of initiatives in collaboration with Site Leaders and Regional Process Owners to achieve stated initiative goals.
- Drive the identification and implementation of best practices across the GBS organization in collaboration with Global Process Owners and GBS leadership.
- Train and coach individuals and teams in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools to drive process improvements
- Supervise Performance Analyst in compiling operational performance measurements and associated reporting analysis
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree required, business or engineering degree preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in continuous improvement role
- A minimum of 2 years of experience providing process improvement support for GBS-related functions including Finance, Customer Service, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Human Resources, Master Data Management, Payroll and/or Procurement
- Experience using Lean methodologies
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry a plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical skills with strong working knowledge of problem solving, root cause analysis, and associated solution implementation
- Proven project management skills to ensure on-time, high-quality deliverables
- Ability to work independently and/or effectively with diverse, global, cross-cultural teams
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to negotiate and influence key personnel across multiple centers and geographies to achieve positive results through awareness, understanding, acceptance and engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment, strong critical thinking skills and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion, and service orientation
- Passionate and high energy which can assist in selling future vision to customers
- Strong detail orientation
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
- Excellent process orientation which focuses on efficiency without losing sight of customer experience
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office Environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top