Manager, Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering Manager directs the activities of the engineering function(s) related to mechanical engineering design of new products. This position receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the schedule and quality for all new product designs.
- Responsible for managing alignment between project specifications and product design.
- Engages directly in design for critical projects.
- Acts as an engineering liaison with manufacturing to ensure that processes and designs are compatible.
- Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and design requirements.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and functional peer group managers.
- Interact with Marketing, Sales, Customers and Senior Management to validate specifications and Design features.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Prior supervisory experience required; 3+ years preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years Mechanical Design experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Detail oriented, dependable and willing to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive high performance teams.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Lean and Six Sigma practices and ability to improve process preferred.
- Ability to interface with customers effectively.
- Proficient in use of SolidWorks software required.
- Proficient in using document control systems required.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate, cubicle environment.
Estimated 20% Domestic & International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top