Manager, Global Process Engineering
The Global Process Engineering Manager is responsible for providing technical excellence across the Nordson Xaloy core components quality and operational functions. This position will lead in planning, directing and coordinating activities of processing design engineering activities and quality to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and within the budget.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of engineering design basis, specifications, equipment and instrumentation list, flow charts, and manufacturing procedures for new production processes, following the Nordson Xaloy engineering work processes.
- Responsible for leading and directing the core systems and processes surrounding the assurance of quality products being manufactured.
- Identify new commercially available processing equipment and technology that serve the company business plan.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendation to the regional manufacturing sites for qualifying new equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Drive the development and implementation of process engineering design and equipment standards and specifications.
- Review project proposals or plans to confirm engineering design viability.
- Investigate, drive, and assist in implementation of cost saving projects, process optimization, productivity improvements related to existing processes and support systems.
- Participate as a member of the technical review committee for product commercialization.
- Manages major capital projects, equipment upgrades, facilities expansion and/or upgrades, major equipment and system purchases and installations for Factory of the Future strategy.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering discipline, with 5-7 years of strong project management experience in a build to order manufacturing environment.
- Experience with lean or six sigma.
- Process engineering and analytical process mapping experience required.
- Experience with drafting software, as well as ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- Experience coaching, training and building capability with multiple levels within a manufacturing organization including engineers, cross functional experts, technicians and professionals.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/projects on an ongoing basis
- Ability to lead through influence, manage through ambiguity, and demonstrate courage as required
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to push through challenges to achieve results
- Strong project management skills
- Lean toolkit application skills (value stream mapping, 5S, Kaizen, Kanban, Error proofing, SMED, team problem solving, etc.)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 25% Domestic and International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Back to top