Manager, Continuous Improvement
The Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Continuous Improvement Manager will be a member of the Corporate Continuous Improvement Team whose mission is to identify and lead major initiatives that support corporate growth and profitability objectives. As a part of this team, the LSS Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for leading the deployment of LSS across the organization including developing and delivering LSS training, managing the certification process and facilitating Lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement events.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the Nordson LSS training and certification process.
- Train and coach individuals and teams in the use of the DMAIC Methodology and Six Sigma tools to implement transactional and manufacturing process improvements.
- Identify, quantify, and prioritize and track continuous improvement initiatives to achieve corporate growth and operating profit goals.
- Lead implementation of initiatives in collaboration with business-based continuous improvement teams.
- Drive standardization of best practices across the company and incorporate into the Nordson Business System.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to lead continuous improvement initiatives working collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. The position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience with a history of increasing responsibility that demonstrates business acumen, leadership and a continuous improvement mindset. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Master Black Belt or similar continuous improvement role.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong working knowledge of problem solving, root cause analysis, and associated solution implementation.
- Proven project management skills to ensure on-time, high-quality deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and/or effectively with diverse, global, cross-cultural teams.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to negotiate and influence key personnel across multiple businesses and geographies to achieve positive results through awareness, understanding, acceptance and engagement.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills to work across the organization at all levels in matrix structure.
- Experience facilitating continuous improvement events across various functions and geographies.
- Familiarity with industry-leading Business System best practices.
- Ability to help shape and deliver communications that promote the Nordson Business System and corporate KPIs.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top