Position requires the ability to maintain, layout, install, rebuild, modify, commission, troubleshoot and repair machinery, electrical or mechanical equipment and facility systems. The main focus will be maintenance, repair and installation of CNC and manual machinery, troubleshooting CNC controls and developing PM schedules in a maintenance management software. Position requires the ability to use and update Blueprints, Schematics and follow manuals. Also the use of hand tools to repair, as well as test machinery and equipment to inspect and ensure machines are functioning properly. Work with Management, Engineering, Equipment Manufacturers/Vendors and other organizations to analyze equipment design requirements, capability, and improvements. Train employees to perform daily maintenance other duties as requested or required. Devise and fabricate any necessary custom equipment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing CNC and manual Mill/turns, Lathes, Mills, Welders, Hones, Grinders, Polishers, Boring mills and other equipment as required.
- Complete installation and setup of CNC or manual machinery.
- Read machine engineering blueprints and schematics.
- Performs / Maintains and helps supports the development of Preventative Maintenance plans.
- Supports General Facility Duties and performs Maintenance related activities on Building infrastructure as required
- Troubleshoot and repair CNC controls and PLC systems.
- Troubleshoot and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Work closely with machine operators to ensure equipment is operating as designed.
- Fabricate, weld or machine parts as needed for repairs.
- Performs the duties of this position effectively in a fast-paced business environment with on-going project deadlines.
- Ability to read, interpret and organize daily activities from policies, procedures, work instructions and control documents.
- Skilled in team processes, ability to work with others to identify and solve problems, resolve conflicts and optimize opportunities.
- Ability to lift approximately 60 to 80 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Tech school degree or equivalent apprenticeship required
- 3-5 years as CNC maintenance technician or 8-10 years in machine maintenance
- CNC, PLC and servo drive experience preferred
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems experience preferred
- Electrical infrastructure experience preferred.
- Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use hand tools and testing equipment as needed.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Capable of using measuring devices for equipment set-up and product inspection.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top