Work includes assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions.
- Operates CNC milling equipment such as Haas vertical milling centers.
- May communicate directly with engineers and supervisor to understand the purpose of a part assembly.
- Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances.
- May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions. (with Supervision)
- May also assist with any finishing/adjustments that need to be made in final mechanical assembly of equipment.
- Operates forklift, pallet jack and walkie stacker when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically requires a high school education, some secondary schooling or specific skills training, 2 or more years of manual milling experience and 2 or more years of CNC equipment operation.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of large vertical mills and manual lathe including operation of levers and switches, setup, lubrication and wear areas.
- Knowledge of proper speeds and feeds for machining of steel, aluminum, stainless steel and plastics.
- Knowledge of proper machine set-up, part fixturing and ability to read blueprints. Knowledge of G, D & T.
- Ability to operate CNC milling equipment such as Haas vertical milling centers and make programming adjustments as necessary for tool offsets, etc.
- Must understand and be able to edit G & M code.
- Knowledge of operating a forklift, pallet jack and walkie stacker.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing Environment To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Frequently is required to sit and/or stand, occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Weights more than 100 lbs; a pallet jack must be used. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic materials, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top