Machine Technician II CNC (2nd shift)
- Set up and run machine shop equipment such as; sand blast tools, cold saws, and CNC lathe and/or milling equipment, with minimal supervision.
- Monitor CNC milling and turning machine to specifications on inspection sheets/prints, producing the highest quality components to fall within established time standards.
- Possess full knowledge of all standard measuring equipment including the proper use of micrometers, calipers, comparators and various plug/thread gauges as well as blueprint reading.
- Perform full inspection, follow and complete inspection sheets to maintain tolerances according to specifications on prints.
- Perform and properly record quality checks.
- Take and follow direction from supervisor.
- Organize tasks to accomplish them in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to trouble shoot basic machine, tooling and program issues.
- Understand and employ basic workmanship techniques and methods to maintain the highest quality level.
- Employee must always work in a safe manner while running equipment and moving or cutting product.
- Work with others in a team setting by sharing responsibilities, such as running multiple CNC machines & manual equipment simultaneously.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor and co-workers.
- Work in a safe manner at all times while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 or more years of experience with operating production/machining equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
- Basic computer navigation skills.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Multi axis CNC lathe experience highly preferred.
- Completed trade school or an apprenticeship in machining
- CNC lathe and milling experience
- Welding experience
- Ability to make & repair tools.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top