- Repair and replacement of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components, which includes, ball screws, linear motion guides, spindle bearings, transmissions, pumps, motors, servo drives, switches, and wire harnesses.
- Inspection and re-alignment of CNC equipment.
- Identify, order, and replace worn components. This includes locating replacement parts for the manufacturer's equipment when possible. It also includes working with tool personnel to repair parts when necessary.
- Other tasks include operating tow motors, lifts and cranes.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma is required.
- Some formal technical repair school training preferred.
- Must have 5 years machine tool repairing/rebuilding experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of machining and CNC operation is required. Must be able to program CNC equipment to run and test machine functions.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, ladder diagrams, and blueprints. The use of indicators, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and gauges is required.
- Ability to communicate and work well with production personnel, vendors, and servicemen. The use of computers and file transfers is also required.
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and gravitational energy sources is required along with following proper safety procedures.
- Ability to learn and be adaptable to a changing environment while maintaining effectiveness.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top