Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and replacement of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components, which includes, ball screws, linear motion guides, spindle bearings, transmissions, pumps, motors, servo drives, switches, and wire harnesses.
- Inspection and re-alignment of CNC equipment.
- Identify, order, and replace worn components. This includes locating replacement parts for the manufacturer’s equipment when possible. It also includes working with tool personnel to repair parts when necessary.
- Knowledge of machining and CNC operation is required. Must be able to program CNC equipment to run and test machine functions.
- Must be able to read and understand schematics, ladder diagrams, and blueprints. The use of indicators, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and gauges is required.
- The use of computers and file transfers is also required.
- Other tasks include operating tow motors, lifts and cranes. Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and gravitational energy sources is required along with following proper safety procedures.
- Must have ability to learn and be adaptable to a changing environment while maintaining effectiveness.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with production personnel, vendors, and servicemen.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma is required.
- Some formal technical repair school training preferred.
- Must have 5 years machine tool repairing/rebuilding experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Technical Ability – effectively apply written/verbal instructions from procedures, documents and blueprints, etc
- Ability to Learn – assimilating and apply new, job related information in a timely manner
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities
- Physical Dexterity – effectively assemble electrical/mechanical devices
- Basic Computer Skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top