Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Locate and read blueprints, job travelers, and bills of material.
- Operate CNC Machining centers and teardown of fixtures and tooling.
- Responsible for machine offsets.
- Use measuring instruments to ensure conformance of finished part to specifications.
- Responsible for upkeep of the machines – cleaning, filling oils, filling coolants, and other production maintenance upkeep.
- Responsible for burring parts, checking parts, and filling out audit sheets.
- Must be able to communicate with leaders and work well with others in a team environment.
- Must be familiar with the production goals of the department; assist in meeting those goals through the application of best practices identified by Engineering and Management.
- Work efficiently throughout the day in spite of machine downtime or other delays in production.
- Follow all safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Conformance to production and administrative procedures.
- Enhancement of existing processes.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous machining experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Skilled in the use of measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators and optical comparators.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints to manufacture parts to engineering specifications.
- Technical Ability – effectively apply written/verbal instructions from procedures, documents and blueprints, etc
- Ability to Learn – assimilating and apply new, job related information in a timely manner
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities
- Basic Computer Skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top