Intern, Supply Chain
We are seeking an enthusiastic Supply Chain Professional to assist with ongoing projects with respect to supplier development, supplier negotiations, and commodity management in the field of supply chain management in a highly paced, professional manufacturing facility. This type of role is an opportunity to work in an industrial environment providing the incumbent the opportunity to learn the products and services sourced by our organization. Supply Chain student will contribute heavily on special projects revolving around the Supply Chain field.
As a member of the Supply Chain group, this intern will also have exposure to:
- Help implement strategic sourcing strategies
- Evaluate cost savings and consolidation opportunities using analytical and software systems
- Work on supplier issues with internal quality assurance personnel
- Some possible travel to perform supplier analysis
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Student will complete defined projects within the internship as well as establish other projects that can be completed easily after internship.
Will also manage / support Supply Chain projects relating to systems, data-mining or process streamling / automation.
Education & Experience
Education: Enrolled in an undergraduate Supply Chain college program. Must hold a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 30 credit hours.
Experience: Experience with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Skills & Abilities
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication, negotiations and organizational skills
- Ability to manage projects plans, schedules and drive results
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and interpretation of the SAP ERP system
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
Working Environment & Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top