Inspector, QA 3rd shift
Perform "first shot" approval of molded parts, as required in the work instructions. Approve work orders.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform periodic visual, dimensional, and functional testing of molded parts and assemblies, as required in the work instructions
- Enter inspection data in the appropriate computer file
- Put defective product on hold, per the work instructions
- Perform special QA inspection / assembly inspection / toll game / sorting projections as required
- Communicate part / assembly issues noted to the responsible supervisor and / or QA Management
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Solid computer knowledge: experience with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to communicate in English
- At least 3 years experience in quality and/or a production environment
- At least 3 years experience with basic mechanical and measuring equipment
- At least 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- ASQ CQI Certification
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing and warehouse environment. Frequent stooping and bending. Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Physical ability to lift boxes up to 70 lbs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson offers employees medical, dental and vision coverage on day one and up to 15 paid days off in your first year of employment. A 401(k) with a 50% company match (up to 6% of salary), a company-funded pension plan, $5,000 in annual education reimbursement, and a generous matching gifts program are other highlights you'll find in Nordson's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top