Inside Sales Representative (Medical Device)
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for the management of the ongoing relationship with customers to provide the highest level of customer service. This position relies on a high level of interaction between customers, engineering, supply chain, and operations to ensure customer needs are being met and a high level of integration between all parties involved.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the primary point of contact between customer and the business
- Provides quotations for existing products to customers as requested
- Coordinates the creation and delivery formal proposals to customers relating to development projects. Works with external sales reps and Engineering to translate new opportunities into project proposals.
- Coordinates and communicates with Engineering, Operations, QA/RA, Finance, and Senior Management on development project timelines. Ensures that changes to requirements are captured with modifications to the project quotation.
- Monitors development program progress and ensures timely billing of NRE/Prototypes based on achieving defined program deliverables.
- Manages the communication of delivery schedules and recovery plans between Operations and the customer
- Manages the prioritization of deliveries within and across various customers
- Ensures customer issue and complaints are being handled within the organization in a timely manner and to the customer's expectations. Manages return of goods as required.
- Generates revenue forecasts based on customer input, market data, and other available sources. On a regular basis provides analysis and commentary relating to variances from forecast.
- Conducts analysis of customer sales and provides recommendations on actions to improve customer satisfaction, share, and profitability.
- Manages accounts and provides necessary follow-up to expedite orders and resolve problems involving payments, delivery, and product performance.
- Maintains database of key customer contacts and ensure that customer call frequency per guidelines are met
- Works with customer to understand change requests and works internally with Engineering and Production to understand impact. Prepares quotations to reflect changes. Manages revision on existing orders as required.
- Maintains regular reports of key customer status to communicate customer health, issues, concerns actions
- Performs all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Bachelor s degree required
- Technical background strongly preferred
- Minimum of two years' related experience working in medical device field
- Demonstrated experience in supporting complex sales processes preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Ability to work within ERP systems to enter, track, and review orders and status
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a broad spectrum of people having varying backgrounds, education, and experience.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to understand key technical attributes and limitations of a products. Must be able to communicate well with engineers regarding technical topics.
- Must have a high degree of initiative and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment. Ability to achieve results from others without direct responsibility.
- High level of organization, attention to detail and accuracy
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top