Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative will generate sales of parts and basic systems to customers and identifying Systems Opportunities for Field Sales Representatives. Role involves interaction with Field Sales people, current customers, and new customer requests.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as champion for customer in-house. Communicates customer demands and keeps abreast of current order status. Ensures equitable treatment of all customers.
- Reach out to current customer base and introduce parts promotions, new technology, and product updates
- Field requests from customers for information, technical support.
- Interact with Field Sales team, material suppliers, and end customers
- Provide product support
- Optimize work process flow
- Utilize SAP Cloud for Customer to conduct targeted marketing initiatives
- Facilitate case studies for unique projects executed
- Attend trade shows
- Qualify, quote and close basic systems sales
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain high level of professionalism and maturity during frequent communications with customers and inside personnel.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field is required
- 2-3 years of customer facing experience including but not limited to Sales/Inside Sales, Customer Service or Service experience, required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated efficiency in mechanical drawing and blueprint reading.
- Effective communication with both internal and external customers of all levels.
- Proficient in Order Entry / Database Systems and Microsoft Office Suite products, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage continual flow of information on a regular basis.
- Ability to demonstrate relatively high levels of analytical ability and problem solving skills within defined policies and specific professional principles.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism while communicating with customers and inside personnel.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office Based: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top