Injection Molding Process Technician- 3rd shift
Set up molds, start up/trouble shoot molding process. Fully capable to work on any molds and all auxiliary equipment. Work with trainee, as required
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Set molds in presses and run production using pre-existing processes using the established process disc or print out if no disc exists
- Train process technician trainee as needed
- Troubleshoot molding processes and make basic adjustments to ensure quality and efficiency
- Troubleshoot molding machine/tooling malfunctions and communicate information with repair
- Provide and implement ideas to improve the efficiency of the molding department
- Solve quality problems and work with quality department to identify root causes
- Spray mold with "Mold Saver" before removing a clean mold that has finished running
- Communicate problems, needs and important information to supervisor
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand work orders
- Strong mechanical aptitude and technical ability
- Ability to easily and comfortably use hand tools
- Ability to climb up and down ladders frequently
- 2-5 years experience working with molds (mold setting and injection mold processing) in a manufacturing environment)
- Experience troubleshooting
- Knowledge of raw materials and their processing characteristics
- Experience with Engel machines and robots
- Experience with computer controlled machines
- Experience with thermal plastics
- Forklift experience
- Strong communication skills
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. Frequent stopping and bending. Regularly required to stand for long periods, climb up/down ladders and move about the facility. Physical ability to lift various items up to 70 lbs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson offers employees medical, dental and vision coverage on day one and up to 15 paid days off in your first year of employment. A 401(k) with a 50% company match (up to 6% of salary), a company-funded pension plan, $5,000 in annual education reimbursement, and a generous matching gifts program are other highlights you'll find in Nordson's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top