Industrial Engineering Intern
Assist with improvement projects that support Nordson’s continued mission to assure ICS products and services provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. Work with the Customer Quality Assurance team on addressing global Corrective Actions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support 8D and other formal trouble analysis projects related to customer quality complaint.
- Complete one or more projects that reduce cost of poor quality.
- Research/investigate issues directly with internal global customers.
- Develop process changes, test fixtures, new process methods under the direction of an experience manufacturing engineer.
- Compile historical or current data for analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Education: Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree focused in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
Experience: None required.
Skills and Abilities
Experience with Microsoft Office suite – Excel charting, formulas and macros. PowerPoint, Word.
Ability to read blue prints (drawings) with Geometric Tolerance knowledge
AutoCAD or Solidworks knowledge is a plus.
Minitab knowledge is a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top