Induction Furnace Operator
Sets up and operates Centrifugal Induction Casting Furnace System to cast Bimetallic Barrels that are utilized in the injection and extrusion molding machines. This work involves preparing of the barrels including operation of a spray coating system, welding, weighing / mixing of powdered metals, operating the furnace system driven through a PC based controller and the operation of an abrasive saw.
Work from complex blueprints, engineering drawings, and specifications, job orders, technical instructions and standard charts to obtain such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions. Make required adjustments to machinery to compensate for material, incoming part, machine or program conditions. Troubleshoot and resolve various types of operating difficulties, recommend corrective action on process failures within the department. Works directly with corporate Metallurgist to maintain process consistency. Operator needs to be capable of interfacing and operating the identified equipment as well as monitor the performance of the system and product utilizing the PC based control to ensure high levels of product quality.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up and operate PC Based Induction Furnace, Spray Coat System, Preparation and Weld Station and Abrasive Saw
- Set-ups and monitors performance of operated equipment including time and temperature of the casting system
- Assist Supervisor in managing production schedule and take ownership of a work zone with numerous machines listed above.
- Performs hand welding of steel barrels to ensure proper seal prior to casting process to prevent leaks from occurring
- Completes Inspection and In process paperwork as required.
- Perform and Document Preventive Maintenance on Equipment
- Operates overhead crane systems and material handling equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years’ experience welding and / or operating heat treating / casting system
- 2-3 years’ experience in a machine shop and/or steel processing environment
- Must have the ability to read and understand specifications, drawings, blueprints, and procedure manuals and the proper use of precision instruments.
- Ability to utilize various internal Nordson Xaloy’s Computer applications and systems pertaining to work orders.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience with hand welding MIG / TIG is preferred.
- Ability to read and edit PC based Furnace Recipes
- Professional and demonstrates great work ethics.
- A problem solver with initiative and a results-oriented mindset.
- Greatly attentive to detail.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule; OT may be required.
- Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will utilize material handling equipment to move production material. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may require the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top