The HR intern will be responsible for providing overall support to multiple HR functions including recruitment, employee communications, on boarding and more. The HR intern will assist with day to day administration of various HR functions, and become a project team member for new projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with full lifecycle recruiting of regular and temporary positions and interns
- Partner and build relationships with both temporary agencies and hiring managers to fill all vacancies in a timely manner
- Assist with employee on boarding by creating new hire packets, presenting orientation materials to the new hires, collecting new hire ppwk, including I-9's and other documents.
- Answer general employee questions
- Coordinate training sessions and meetings with the business leaders to support business needs, while ensuring the training is complete.
- Provide regular status updates on hiring, and other administrative work using data analytics.
- Provide Workday (HRIS) support to keep various types of employee data current and up to date. Answer employee questions on the Workday system
- Prepare draft communications for benefit enrollment, training, and other types of employee information
- Other projects as assigned
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree in the Human Resources or a related Business field
- Should possess solid organizational skills, strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess integrity, discretion and the ability to manage confidential, sensitive information
- Ability to maintain composure and the ability to manage confidential, sensitive information
- A team player with enthusiasm, positive outlook and professional demeanor who takes initiative and direction
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous internship experience
- Workday experience
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top