Group Controller, Advanced Technology - Fluid
The Group Controller provides financial leadership to business decision making, and sound, innovative planning in managing the division’s financial affairs to maximize long-term profits, cash flow and total return to Nordson shareholders. This position leverages Nordson’s global Accounting & Control presence and infrastructure to maximize synergies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Controls & Financial Records
- Ensures maintenance of accurate and complete financial records, in compliance with both legal requirements, local accounting and US GAAP standards.
- Leads the effort of establishing, monitoring, and enforcing an effective internal controls environment. Develops and takes necessary actions to support Nordson’s SOX compliance effort. Liaises with internal and external auditors.
- Develops and improves accounting and control policies, procedures, work processes and reporting systems to support growth and efficiency, while reducing complexity and increasing speed.
- Meets Corporate financial reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors legal, tax and regulatory changes and trends to identify and implement necessary actions to secure continued compliance, while pro-actively identifying emerging opportunities and threats, making recommendations to management.
- Provides an objective viewpoint and holistic perspective to the decision making process.
- Identify best practices and continuous improvement opportunities and facilitates embeddment of the practices into the organization.
- Utilizes appropriate financial analysis techniques, data and prudent assumptions to evaluate investment opportunities and ensures healthy return on investments while managing risks.
- Proactively partners with the business management teams in establishing and managing the strategic direction and financial goals (profit and working capital) to drive breakthrough results.
- Leads the financial planning effort for the businesses, including forecasts, operating plans, and strategic plans. Develops scenario analyses as needed, recommends plans, and improves forecast accuracy.
- Monitors average selling prices by product / market, cost of sales and helps control expenses for the businesses.
- Leads the businesses’ development of key performance metrics and tracks performance over time.
- Cooperates with other division controllers and corporate functions such as Treasury, Tax, and Financial Reporting on global or regional accounting and controlling initiatives and requirements.
- Provide financial insight, due diligence & integration for M&A activities.
- Instill a sense of professionalism and excellence within the finance team. Provides an environment where Accounting and Controlling people are valued and motivated to deliver high levels of productivity and realize high levels of job satisfaction.
- Develops people to reach their full potential through individual coaching, training, and career development, preparing them to assume increased responsibility. Makes effective use of Nordson’s human resource management tools for performance, career, and compensation management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; working closely with the Corporate finance groups.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business Admin, Accounting or other Bachelor’s degree in combination with MBA and/or relevant experience).
- Masters in Business Administration and/or CA/CPA and/or CMA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in finance and accounting, including exposure to international business dynamics and manufacturing operations.
- Prior supervisory experience required; 3+ years preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong initiative, leadership, thinking and problem solving, financial analysis and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization while keeping a clear understanding of the objectives and financial commitments of the businesses.
- Superior technical financial skills, balanced with sound business judgment, including the ability to balance financial and operational factors, analyze complex business problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Strong Excel skills.
- SAP/BPC experience a plus.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 25% Domestic and International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top