Grinder Operator - Night Shift
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads blueprint for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground, and determines what grinding wheel to be used
- Sets up machine to control length of stroke and pattern
- Starts machine and activates controls to feed wheel against work piece
- Performs complex dressing of grinding wheels to accomplish blueprint specifications
Education and Experience Requirements
- Previous experience working in an industrial environment (preferred)
- Ability to read and understand work instructions and blueprints, plus follow verbal work instructions
- Ability to work within a team environment
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Ability to focus on one task for long periods of time
- Ability to use measuring tools such as micrometer and dial indicator
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top